Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Momo Cookie

  Basically I don't really like cookies but I crave for this kind of cookie every Chinese New Year - Momo . The other name for is Makmur but Momo sounds nicer for me. xP I think it's well known and almost every house you visit, they serve this kind of cookie. Round in shape and icing sugar all over it, cute and nice. :D

However, I'm quite picky about it. So far, the best that I like is from Taka. Though the look of it isn't that nice, it tastes great.

I bought two boxes of it yesterday and my family finish one box today. T.T Tell you a secret. I hide the other one in my room. Sshhhh ~ =x
If you know me well, maybe you'll find that if I can choose for kolo mee, I'll always choose fishball or meatball instead of the "Cha Siew" that used to be serve. So, for Chinese New Year, Momo cookie will be my choice always. :)
 

Momo Cookie 
I'm lovin' it ♥

People always give chocolate as Valentine's gift. I wonder why they don't try to give Momo ? Haha. Cheap and yet you can make it for your love one. Great idea? :P Hahas. 

3 more days then it will be Valentine's Day and Chinese New Year. Wish all have a great one this year :)



Tata ♥

14 comments:

mikhaelkueh said...

Are you giving me hints? Hahaha

Girl Girl Lian said...

=.=
I didn't?
Think too much ya
If you wanna' make,
I don't mind too.
But make sure it tastes great. :P

Anonymous said...

Hi, came across your blog while googling for kuih momo. May i know where you bought your momo from? I'm craving for it!

Girl Girl Lian said...

Hi there. ^^
Ermm, you can get it from Taka as if you're from Kuching.
The momo from there is just nice but kinda too sweet. :P
Still, it's the best of all~

Anonymous said...

Hi~ thanks so much for replying! Do you mean Takashimaya where they sell all the cny goodies? Do you remember the name of the stall? Thank you very very much!!

Girl Girl Lian said...

Errr..
Nope..
I mean Taka Cake House?
Actually,
if you really want,
I have friend selling it.

Anonymous said...

There goes my hope....You see I'm in Singapore! The last time I ate was when my aunty brought over from Kuching...I really miss it. Thanks for your help anyway!

Girl Girl Lian said...

Awww ~
That's too bad. :(
Not coming back for New Year?
Why don't ask your aunty to bring it over?

Anonymous said...

Haha it's not very nice to ask her to bring over when I'm only interested in the momo! :P Happy CNY to you!

Girl Girl Lian said...

Haha.
Come back and have a taste of it when you're back next time then .
Happy Chinese New Year and Valentine's Day to you ^^

bii said...

yay,i love momo cookie too^^♥

ps said...

aidi~ me si beh picky about momos~~ i wan put in mouth will melt de.. bt some don't lo..

Girl Girl Lian said...

@ Bii,
Wheeeee ~
We are momo lovers.

@ Ps,
Yeap, I'm pickie too.
Hahas.

mikhaelkueh said...

I don't make them, i buy them.